Vintage and Classic Motorcycle Restorations
Manx Norton 30M - Original 1960 Spec.
WE ARE NOW TAKING BOOKINGS FOR MAY 2014
Motorcycles have always been our passion. Starting with stripped down old mopeds we scrambled around local fields until we fell off, ran out of petrol or the police turned up! We had great fun out-running a local mad dog turned crazy by buzzing 2-strokes, it growled and snap, it got close but never caught us. As a result of our adventures we honed our riding skills, we became expert at mad dog evasion, clattering over pot holes, avoiding trees (not always) and making the police laugh rather than shout at us. Happy days!
We learned a lot, how to ride and stay upright, how to keep our bikes going and how to make them go faster. We built a reputation for quick bikes, for tearing around the streets (we were teenagers!) at which time the bobbies stopped laughing and started chasing. Our escapades did earn us the odd fine but also many friends and their bikes to work on; some for road and some for track use.
- "Show" quality elegance using stainless components, perfect paint, chrome, casting and casing refinishing..
- Sympathetic restorations for motorcycles were originality is key.
- Or top quality restorations for road or track employing the very latest thinking.
We are happy to recommission motorcycles that have been in long term storage or prepare motorcycles for storage. And we undertake all of the normal repair and maintenance services for your classic motorcycle. Services we provide;-
- All mechanical work including engine and gearbox rebuilding.
- Chassis modification and restoration work.
- Blasting Services - Vapour (which is actually fine grade and water) or grit.
- Powder coating and wet spray enamel.
- Stunning paintwork to original or race schemes.
- Chrome plating (only undertaken as part of a restoration).
- Electrical work including full rewires. Either harness replacement or new harnesses built from scratch for your special either single or dual circuit for certain types of racing.
- Race quality assembly of all motorcycles regardless of their intended use.
- MOT service; Collect, undertake any pre MOT work, MOT it and return it to you. We will also organise an MOT bikes restored by us if so required.
We also offer a bespoke motorcycle build service for classic racing or road use and have a reputation for building race engineered specials be they Norton hybrid, AMC, Seeley, Bakker, Spondon or Harris (Magnum or F1) , also Honda CR's, Suzuki TR or Yamaha TZ. We can in fact we can build just about anything you like.
Recently "sympathetically" restored by us the Broad Yamaha TZ750 (8) ex Dave Potter. Photographed at Mallory Park being chased by Tepi Lansivouri on the Ex works Suzuki TR750.
WE WORK TO JUST ONE STANDARD "RACE" mechanically and "PERFECTION" cosmetics. Our builds speak for themselves and are among the most photographed and always draw a crowd in the race paddock or outside your local. Please visit our galleries to view just a small cross section of motorcycles that we have either restored or built from the ground up.
Please note; We don't build lash ups, if something is not right we will fix it. We don't hide the nasty and ugly under filler or behind a fairing. Stripped bare our bikes are still beautiful and detailed.
Delivery and Collection Service.
JAL Restorations also offer our clients a motorcycle collection and delivery service in the UK only. This service is free for local collection and delivery services within a 15 mile radius of our workshop. All other locations are competitively priced using the AA mileage recommended rate for our vehicle and 50% of our normal hourly labour charge all plus VAT. Please call for a quote. However we will heavily discount this charge for clients requiring full restorations.
Or you can deliver the bike yourself!